I haven’t really posted here much, obviously. For some reason, writing down my daily thoughts seems much more time-consuming and slightly more boring in comparison to posting a photo on Instagram. So rather than express it all in a paragraph of “here’s a recap of what you missed”, I’d much rather do a countdown of most recent thoughts. It’s much more interesting when you add numbers or bullet points to sentences, so here goes…
1) Just recently discovered discount travel sites and I think I’m seriously in lust, not love though because that requires too much commitment.
2) Carrying a phone without a phone case is like a ticking time bomb. All it takes is one fall and it’s game over. It’s going on week 3, so apparently I enjoy taking risks all too much.
3) I have a not-so-secret obsession with left-handedness and believe that I should have been born left-handed and my ambidextrous abilities only solidify that statement.
4) I’ve been miserable with the California winter weather which means my spoiled self could never move anywhere that has true winters. Let’s keep it above 60 degrees pretty please.
5) Lastly, my mind has already fast forwarded to summer. Feels like June not February, so clearly I preferred to bypass a bunch of birthdays.
And that’s all she wrote.
…for a butter tree because the holidays would be incomplete without it. 😳
Why does my teenage daughter’s friend have a cell phone case that looks like a set of pills that they should have no use for right now. When I asked her who bought it, she replied “her dad.” She didn’t see the hilarity in that.
I know she’s been around for a little while, but I couldn’t help but post this. I always say to each his own, but she is seriously a toy come to life. Or maybe a human turned toy?
As my son would say….really?!
and you can’t help but take a picture. Let’s just say that I would be passing these out left and right to people I know and don’t know.
Just ’cause it’s that awesome.
Is it strange that when I see this animal, two things come to mind.
1. Why do I have such a strong desire to want to own one of these furry oddities even though they look like monster gerbils?
2. Why does the name Richard Gere pop into my mind. Well I actually know the answer to number 2.
Either way. This over-sized rodent is super adorable.
Despite the fact that these crazy little ones drive me bananas more often than not. When I see pics like these, their cuteness makes the craziness go away for just a brief moment.
My planking kids make me smile.
I know that I’ve been tainted by internet reposts when I’m taking a bath and the first thing that comes to mind when I look at my daughter’s dolls is “twerk team.”
Since I don’t feel like creating a post about something that requires research, I figured I could write about something I know quite a bit about, obviously. So here is my list of 5 Random Things About Me. I almost made it ten because it sounded like it should be ten versus five, but then realized that’s a long list to come up with. So here goes five, not in any particular order.
1. I was a 6th Grade Spelling Bee Champion. Okay well, let’s just call it a class spelling bee champ. Either way, I beat out my academic archenemy and managed to earn my science fair money and claim that prestigious title of speller supreme (if that was even a title, it would be mine).
2. My first name was supposed to be Faustina. I was almost named after my grandfather named Faustino. Had I been named Faustina, it would have been highly likely for me to go by Tina. In which case my name would have been Tina Marie (Insert wide-eyed emoticon here).
3. When I think of Prince (the singer), I think of two things, purple rain and pegasus. Not sure what I’m referring to…here you go.
4. I used to breed Siamese Fighting Fish (Bettas). I actually enjoyed breeding them because of the attention to detail it required. I would totally do it again if I had the time and space plus they are such pretty fish. Plus most people are unaware that it can even be done considering their aggressive temperament to their own kind.
5. In 3rd grade, I found out that birds do not like to sleep in beds. You would think that would be a no-brainer, but I tried to get my parakeet to sleep with me, not even thinking about the fact that they don’t really lay down. To no-one’s surprise, he was unimpressed with my futile attempts to get him to lay down and simply flapped around underneath my blanket, clipped wings and all. Needless to say that was my first and last bird.
Those are my five random things that you may not have cared to know, but too late to stop now because you’ve already reached the end.