Since I don’t feel like creating a post about something that requires research, I figured I could write about something I know quite a bit about, obviously. So here is my list of 5 Random Things About Me. I almost made it ten because it sounded like it should be ten versus five, but then realized that’s a long list to come up with. So here goes five, not in any particular order.
1. I was a 6th Grade Spelling Bee Champion. Okay well, let’s just call it a class spelling bee champ. Either way, I beat out my academic archenemy and managed to earn my science fair money and claim that prestigious title of speller supreme (if that was even a title, it would be mine).
2. My first name was supposed to be Faustina. I was almost named after my grandfather named Faustino. Had I been named Faustina, it would have been highly likely for me to go by Tina. In which case my name would have been Tina Marie (Insert wide-eyed emoticon here).
3. When I think of Prince (the singer), I think of two things, purple rain and pegasus. Not sure what I’m referring to…here you go.
4. I used to breed Siamese Fighting Fish (Bettas). I actually enjoyed breeding them because of the attention to detail it required. I would totally do it again if I had the time and space plus they are such pretty fish. Plus most people are unaware that it can even be done considering their aggressive temperament to their own kind.
5. In 3rd grade, I found out that birds do not like to sleep in beds. You would think that would be a no-brainer, but I tried to get my parakeet to sleep with me, not even thinking about the fact that they don’t really lay down. To no-one’s surprise, he was unimpressed with my futile attempts to get him to lay down and simply flapped around underneath my blanket, clipped wings and all. Needless to say that was my first and last bird.
Those are my five random things that you may not have cared to know, but too late to stop now because you’ve already reached the end.